Monday, December 7, 2009

Seasonal Job In New Zealand



Sorry Sorry all~ I know that i promised some of you to update my blog but then i totally failed due to really really a busy month. Company annual dinner just end which gave me abit of extra time to update . Okok ....no more nonsense.^^

Lets talk about the topic you guys/girls always wanted to know .
Many people keep on asking me :
How do you find Job In NZ ?
What Kind of Job We do ?
Where do we work?
Izzit hard to get a Job ?
Etc ~~Etc !!!

Ok.....Let me give you some idea. I cant post all the jobs contacts person number due to securities purpose i have yet get a permission from them .
However ,I will try my best to give you a clear pictures and ofcouse im happy to assist you if you need some help ^^

For me , Its actually not hard to get a job in New Zealand When you learn to know when and where is the peak season on going .
I'm going to discuss more on Horticulture Jobs . Some people did asked me that why didn't i go for Agriculture jobs . Hey dude ,Easy and Hard job with same pay ,Ofcoz i go for the easy one !! I did went for agriculture like milking cow but that's just for part time to experience .

In NZ , We have to based on Which season work in which region . I used to moved around in NZ which i think is kinda awesome coz at the same time , I can do my travel.


 Season Period in New Zealand.




This is the New Zealand Map.All the highlighted region is where you could get more range of Horticulture Jobs .




Lets start from upper North , I cant give much comment on Northland due to me, myself have not work there before . I have worked in Waikato Region before which was in Pukekohe ,
I worked in a Potatoes Factory which they produced potatoes for Potato Chips and also in an Onion Factory (one day ciao~i cant stand the dust pollution and the onion which keep on made me cried)

As you can see from the job chart that Northland and Waikato Job demand is not that high a.k.a Jobs might be kinda limited but but but..if you are going to backpack there ,you can go in the middle season to get some job too..


 The Following two region is My favorite place. I stay there for long time.

BAY OF PLENTY ,Plenty of Kiwifruits and Avocados .The Place which i really familiar with . As i was there for 2 season .I was in Kati-Kati for the first season working in APATA packhouse for 3 months and for the second season , I settled down in Tepuke for nearly 8months working in Trevelyan (pronounce as tri-vi-liens) coz i used to pronounced Travel-yan ~haha .I honestly LOVE Trevelyan.


From the chart , you can see that peak season falls in April-August ,Which is a very busy period in orchard or packhouse coz was harvesting seasons .
Good time to earn traveling money .

While in Mid-August throughout November is Re-pack season.

At this time , Packhouse normally cut-off 60% of people . For those who get a chance to work in Repack period is lucky one.

In this region , They gather all different of Kiwifruit packhouse , which you do not have to worry about jobs.










Hawke's Bay ~ A place with pot of GOLD! As you can see they produced many type of fruits/Veges .

I used to lived in Hasting for jobs. I loved Napier and Havelock North . They have many extraordinary scenery over there.

I have tried most of the job listed in this chart ~ Real great experiences !

Marlborough , The place of vineyard . They have more than 110km wineyard which caused shortage of people working every year . I was in Blenheim for the winter that time .Its really a hard work but earn good money too. Nice experience.



Otago !! It was another place where you get job easily in the right season.I honestly have yet work there before , but i know its a nice place to explore when you are backpacking over the nearby region.
















Does it sound complicated for you ? For me is just simple and nice . No worries that i will be sort of $$$ while traveling .Its always wise that if you plan your travel direction prior in NZ. So that you know when to work ,when to stop , when to travel ...

Next up: will be sharing some Job experience with photos and contacts & all type of horticulture jobs description . Stay tune peeps!!^^

P/s : Its really been a busy December for me ! please forgive me! By now,im preparing for my 21st birthday on 16th December.

All source photos/charts was from PICKNZ

No comments:

Post a Comment


Fulfilling MY Biggest Dream !! at least need to complete 80% of it !!


visited 7 states (3.11%)

Explore The Wonder of The World

Followers